ProQvi goes to Africa!!!
We want together with teachers of local schools, to raise awareness of decision makers in Addis Abeba/Ethiopia about gender inequality regarding school conditions, promote skills of filmmaking and encourage teachers by cooperation with students on media production, call attention of local decision makers to these obstacles: matters of simple and practical character that stops girls from enjoying education and active participation in local development, limits their access to public services and obstacles their personal growth
Teachers together with their students equipped with skills in media production and global communication, have the shortest way to achieve change and influence the attitudes towards girl’s conditions, therefore the very conditions for girls.
During project activity: a training course in Ethiopia, we want
– to present different simple principles and techniques of filmmaking,
– have discussions around gender equality in practice and about possibilities for change in local community; also
– research the possibilities for film promotion in East Africa as a means of opinion building,
– discuss aspects of media production: short films/videos, with the teachers of prime and high schools and youth workers, and
– try some simple productions with the teachers and youth workers,, helping them to form their messages and encouraging them to continue develop filmmaking together with students,
– meet the students discussing the opportunities of media production and public opinion building with them.
Topics highlighted through the videos, will be all the challenges that girls face in their everyday struggle for education and recognition of human rights.
One of the aims is also to try collaboration with the Ethiopian partner, hopefully continuing this project on a bigger scale the year after.
We will be 5 persons going from Sweden to Ethiopia, planned in December 2021 with a simple standard budget costs covered. Participants in the group shall have experiences in media/film production, specific knowledge about the country and culture, development opportunities and local network. If you are interested and want to join, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to join the group at your own travel costs, please let us know as well. This will certainly be a massive learning experience!